Thursday, October 8, 2020

October 8, 2020. San Antonio, Texas. Decisions.

Soon I must make a decision as to whether or not to spend the winter in Mexico, as has been my habit. So I have been gathering information. The border into Mexico is now open so planes are flying in from both the US and Canada. And I have e mailed Cindy who overlooks the resort to find out what is open and closed. She had just returned from working at Paradise Village for ten days and she reported that the beaches and pools are open as are the restaurants. She attended the Mexican Fiesta at the hotel and she said that people had a good time. The tables were far away from each other and people were wearing masks. The shopping center is also open as are the restaurants. That was good news. Next I e mailed the conceriege, Marlin, at Playa Royale, the resort where I live. She reported that the pools and beaches are open as are the palapas. You must book the palapas through the beach club. The beach club restaurant is not open, nor the restaurant at the golf course, but the El Tigre golf course is open. She reported that masks must be worn and distances from chairs must be far away. But she said that people were there enjoying themselves. In addition she offered to go grocery shopping for me, which I appreciated. And she said that restaurants will deliver. Her news was good too. On Wednesday next week I have yet another PET scan to find out if the Ibrance has once again worked magic with the cancer in my bones. When I have had the scan and met with Dr. Sheehan, my Oncologist, I will decide. But not today. Now I have the information on which to make a decision. I am in good shape.

No comments: