Wednesday, October 28, 2020

October 28, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Mexico & Decisions.

I have made my decision but have not yet booked my flight. I have gathered information. And for the life of my, I can not find any reason not to go to Mexico. So I am going. But before I book my flight, I must meet with the radiation doctor to map out the plan for my treatment and I will find that out on Tuesday when I meet with the doctor. I want the radiation to be finished before I head to Mexico. So that is my plan. Over the years, every doctor has encouraged me to travel from place to place, even the year when I was required to have my chemo infusion in Mexico. Also the year I was going to Nova Scotia when I was first taking Ibrance, which was not approved in Canada, and no Oncologist would treat me. But the Texas Oncologist figured out a plan, which worked perfectly. After Ken met his Neurologist in Mississippi after we came back from Nova Scotia and Ken was looking better than he left, the Neurlogist agreed that it was bettewr to be up and going, rather than stay at home. All the doctors have agreed that part of my successful recovery has been due to the interest I take in my journeys. "Keep on going," they all say. Which now includes Mexico this winter. The temperature in Mexico is around 80. The breeze comes right off the Pacific and is clean. T%he resort has done the safe actions in place. The beach and pools are open. Even the beach restaurant is open. And every night the sun sets right over the Ocean. I can isolate just as well in Mexico as when I am in Mississippi. So I am going. As I am an American citizen I can also get beack home. And if the airlines cancel my flight I will get another. So I can not figure out any rational reason to stay at home and miss the winter overlooking those sunsets. My mind is made up. I am going to Mexico in January, 2021.

No comments: