Wednesday, October 14, 2020

October 14, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Home.

Part of my routine when coming home to Mississippi is going to have a PET scan. I do not really enjoy them but the technitians are excellent and friendly so I get through the process. Today was the day. The results were neutral, not much change from the last scan which was done in late June. The cancer in the bones are sre still there but we are continuing along with the same protocal, with Ibrance being the plan. The first time it took 13 months before the scan was clear so it is really too soon to expect much change. Ibrance is fairly new so I do not know if the body stops responding to the meds. More pleasant results of arriving home are my friends. Keshina, my helper worked on Monday to help me get organized and she drove me to my appointments today. My across the street neighbor send me dinner tonight, spaghetti and salad, to welcome me home. It was delicious and I ate the whole thing. Friend Eleanor has invited me to lunch on Friday, at Amerigo, the fine Italian restaurant. And my new friend Carrie, who lives down the street, will have coffee with me at 9:00 on Friday. We will drink coffee on their screened porch. Sunday I will have brunch with Christina and the girls. So I have been welcomed home in fine style. But next time I hope for a better scan.

No comments: