Tuesday, October 20, 2020

October 20, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. The World Series.

I have paid attention to the games of The World Series since I was in the 6th grade. I attended a small elementary school and two of the teachers liked baseball. Many afternoon games were played so if a game was on, the radio was on and we got to listen to the games while we worked. Also my father enjoyed baseball. When the Salvation Army held meetings for the officers in Toronto, my father always skipped a session to watch a baseball game, much to my Mother's chagrin. So I grew up listening to the World Series on the radio. For many years I paid very little to what as happening in the world of baseball because I was too busy. But I always watched the games of The World Series. This evening was the first game of the 2020 World Series, between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Dodgers won the first game 8 to 3. I watched the whole game, except for cooking dinner and walking around the house during the commercials. I saw some spectacular plays. These teams were number 1 and 2 in the league, which does not always happen. So the teams are good so we should be treated to spectacular games. So far the game was not disappopinting. I enjoyed the whole game. I suspect the series will go to 7 games. I am all set to enjoy every game. For some reason, I love watching the World Series, perhaps because it reminds me of my father and my youth. But no matter the reason, I am set to watch every game of The World Series 2020.

No comments: