Monday, October 19, 2020

October 19, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Living in Mississippi.

Living in Mississippi has many blessings and I am happy to be living here. One aspect that pleases me is that I live in the Central Time Zone, whioch means that Antiques Road Show come on at 7:00 not 9:00 as it does in Nova Scotia. And the baseball games who start at 7:30 Eastern Time comes on at 6:30, thus my bedtimes can be early. And I like the collection of trash. They pick up twice a week, with recycles coming the first day and the secon day picking up anything you put out. And you pay with tax dollars. When I am here, the weather is fine so I am happy with the weather. Peopl;e here exercise early in the morning all year because much of the year during the day it is too hot to exercise so folks have gotten into the hapbit of walking and running early. The best part of living in Mississippi is the people. Everyone is friendly and polite and kind. A friend once called Mississippi backward but that is not the society I see. Literature is in the air and people talk books all the time. The society is very civilized and the races actually seem to like each other. You will note that there was no rioting and looting in Mississippi. The Mayor of Jackson annoiunced to the BLM group who appeared to protest but had a full pallet of bricks downtown that no rioting will be allowed. The Mayor is black and he meant what he said. The police were out in force and the bricks were removed. BLM folks moved on. So the best part of living in Mississippi is the people. I am surprised to be living in Mississippi. But I am enjoying myself.

No comments: