Monday, October 12, 2020

October 12, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. A Recovery Day.

The day after a travel day is always a recovery day. I have no idea why this happens after a journey but I know you are not at your best. I have noted a lack of judgement and energy levels the day after a trip, so I know not to make decisions or complicated negotiations the day after a flight or a car trip. For the last few years of Ken's life he always said that it took him two days to recover. So I know to be careful. Today the cleaning lady came as did my helper Kashina. Kashina fixed my breakfast, then we started in to sort the mail. We were effecient. She opened the envelopes and gave me a stack at a time. I made a pile of items I needed to read and respond to tomorrow. After she left at 12:30, I started on the magazines and catalogues. After lunch, I needsed to order walnuts from Sunneyland Farms and I did fine. And I spoke to the pharmacy to obtain my medications. After I put my feet up, I decided to order objects from Amazon. All seemed to go well. First I ordered long shelf milk and toilet paper. But after I had completed the order and looked at the order and arrival dates, I realized that I was soon going to be the proud order of 12 packs of applesauce once a month. Somehow or another I had signed on for automatic ordering. How it happened I have no idea but soon I must get it stopped. But not today. I am still in a recovery mode...obviously.

No comments: