Tuesday, October 27, 2020

October 27, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. New Appointments.

These new appointments seem to be unending. Yesterday The nurse from the head of the radiation department called to make an appointment with Dr. Soog. My appointment is for November 3, at 1:00. In addition, the doctor requires me to take a covid test before seeing her. And she told me that the nurse from the hospital would call me to make an appointment. Soon the nurse coordinartor called. The Baptist Hospital evidently has clinics all over the city, so it took awhile to find the closest testing site for me. Then we mad an appointment for Friday of this week at 9:00. Kashina does not work this Friday so I will use Lyft. But I was not finished. I was told that I must have a teleconference with another nurse to interview me. That nurse would text me at 3:20, when I would contact the link and agree to use face time during the interview. It was all high tech. The nurse called at the correct time and we talked. She wanted to know lots about where I have been. And she wanted to know about my health. She told me what would happen during the test and she told me how I would get the results. The interview took almost 30 minutes. I did not quite understand her during the conversation but in thinking about the discussion, I think she said that I needed to isolate until I saw the good doctor on the 3rd. As I have three social events over the weekend, that would be difficult. Perhaps she meant I needed to be distant from anyone. Finally I am set to see the head of radiation on November 3rd. Unfortunately, that will trigger a lot more appointments. These appopintments are unending. But if they make me better, here we go.

No comments: