Thursday, October 15, 2020

October 15, 2020. Madison, Mississippi. Feet.

I have been blessed with good feet. Other friends have problems with bunions or corns on their feet which causes them problems. My feet are easy to fit for a shoe and my gait is normal so my shoes do not wear out. Over my many years, I have been fortunate to have no troubles with my feet. They have never caused me pain...until now. When I was in Texas the right side of my right side of the ball of my foot started hurting. I thought I knew what was the matter and I told Suzanne. I told her it was a planter wart so she went to the drug store to get some stuff. And she pretended to be a nurse and put on bandages and things to cure the wart. The padding helped the pain so I was able to walk comfortably and I brought the pads and tape back with me. When Suzanne Googles the problem, it said the physician should deal with the problem. On Saturday I called Dr. Flowers, Ken's dermatologist, the lady he saw every few months. He had that bad skin so was always visiting the good doctor to remove cancers. I on the other hand, had seen her in 2014. At that time, she told me not to come again unless I see that a mole was growing, so I stayed away, except I was always with Ken. She disagreed with my diagnosis. I have a corn that is hurting because it is on the bottom of my foot. She pared it down and it felt better. And she told me to use a corn medication and a donut padding to protect the foot. Now Kashina and I must visit the drug store to get my supplies. Actually, the same thing happened to me a few uears ago in Mexico. Rita attended to my foot and it seemed to get better and no longer hurt. But clearly, the same symtoms came back. Dr. Flowers said I should get used to always wearing that padded donut and to wear it the rest of my life, along with a tape to hold it in place. Right now my foot is not hurting. But I will do as I am told. A hurting foot is not pleasant.

No comments: