Sunday, October 25, 2020

October 24, Madison, Mississippi. Food.

i have no idea why I am so preculier about food but i just hate throwing away perfectly good food, even when i do not really like the food. It is very odd. For instance, this summer in Nova Scotia I found three new boxes of cereal in the pantry. They had never been opened so I decided to eat them, even though I do not like cereal for breakfast. Both boxes were left over from the summer of 2019, or perhaps they had been purchased for Ken. i almmost finnished the whole box of mini shredded wheat. But finally I fed the rest to the birds. the other two boxes I gave to Anna. Here in Mississippi, on a shelf in the pantry sits five boxes of cereal, all purxhased for Ken. Three of the boxes have been opened. This morning I decided to use the cereal for breakfast, just to avoid throwing out the perfectly fine food. i ate Cheerios mixed with something else. But I only ate half of the yukky stuff. Now I must have a talk with myself and get up the courage to throw out the opened boxes. the unopened ones I may give away. But for sure, I am not eating that old cereal again.

No comments: