Saturday, May 14, 2022

May 14, Pearl Mist, At Sea. Our First Day.

Our boat is rocking and rolling, going from Portland to Bar Harbour. The two meals we have eaten in the dining room have been supurb so David and I are happy with our food. And we are delighted with the service. This evening, when I called the receptionist for the password to get on the Internet, rather than giving me the code, she asked if I would like someoneone to come and connect me. Within 2 minutes, a young man came and did the job. So now I am connected and I can write my little blog. Cruise ships have never been able to get the passengers in the boat in a timely fashion. Today was no exception. But after a pleasant tour of Portland, we checked into the ship and soon were in our cabins. David is just down the hall from me, both in single cabins. I expected to find my cabin tiny but it is pleasant and comfortable. And with Davids help, all my belongings have been put away. After lunch and the safely drill, David and I sat at the stern of the ship, outside, and watched as we left the port of Portland. I always enjoy watching the town receed bit by bit. The weather was glorious and we enjoyed sitting outside with the sea breezes keeping us cool. Our long awaited cruise has begun. It is a miracle.

No comments: