Tuesday, May 3, 2022

May 3, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Port.

My friends Lisa and Henry gave me a bottle of Port. I took their family our for lunch and the next time Henry was in the wine store, he bought me a bottle of Port. We had discussed wine and I mentioned that I like Port. It has been sitting on the bar ever since, thinkin that Suzanne and I might have a glass to celelbrate when they are here next weekend. My physical Therapist, Beth, noticed the bottle and asked about Port. She and her boyfriend enjoy wine but she had never heard of Port. So I told her and I suggested that as she lives in my own subdivision, perhaps she and her boyfriend could come and have a drink with me. So they did. This evening, after Beth put me through my paces, Cody came down and we drank Port. They liked it. Then they walked down to the dock and they liked the yard even better than the Port. We had a good time. Before I met Cody, I was not impressed. According to Beth, he does not really like to travel. And he has not been vacinatted for Covid even though he works full time as a phsical therapist. So I expected not to like him. In addition, when he walked into the front door I realized that he was very good looking. I have a bias against handsome men so I had three reasons not to like him. But we had a good time. We talked about the neighborhood and Port. And hockey. And they finished up three quarters of the bottle of Port. And when they left, Cody offered to help at the house if needed while I was away. So he is not all bad!! In fact he was pleasant and I enjoyed their company. You just never know what is around the corner.

No comments: