Friday, May 27, 2022

May 27, 2022. Clayton. And at sea. Fog.

Driving along the south shore of Lake Ontario was spectacular. New York waterfront is full of beautiful, large summer places, each one bigger than the other. And the boat houses too. I could count the chairs on the docks and the decks, we were so close. I am told that Clayton is a charming town. Three excursions were held today: one to visit a vinery, one to take a walking tour of old town Clayton and the last to take a three hour ride in a glass bottom boat. We left Clayton at 4:00, heading to Toronto. At first we cruised along the shore but not close enough to count the chairs. Soon we headed out to sea. And then we hit the fog. Wendy would have loved it. The fog is so think that I could barely see the water three feet away. I hope they have a radar because you certainly can not see anything. Kind of spooky. I have never travelled the waters of Lake Ontario so this is a new experience for me which I enjoy. Now I am confined to my cabin, I am seeing a lot of Lake Ontario close up and personal. And we are heading to Toronto in the fog.

No comments: