Friday, May 6, 2022

May 6, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. Graduation.

The clan is gathering. Mary Frances will graduate tomorrow from Millsaps College. David and Suzanne have come for the celebrations. I was so pleased to see them walk in through my door this evening. Both of them worked this morning but this afternoon they flew from San Antonio via Houston. And they arrived at my house at 6:45. They will stay at their favorote hotel and they will use my car for the weekend. This evening, I did what I do best: I ordered dinner from my favorite Chinese restaurant, The Ding How. They usually do not deliver but as I live close by, they deliver to my house. And I ordered extra food so I will not need to cook all next week. The timing was perfect. The food arrived and five minutes later, David and Suzanne walked through the door so the food was still piping hot. And we sat around in the living room and talked while we ate. It is always a pleasure spending time with them. I was so pleased to see them again. Tomorow morning they will go to the graduation. I will stay home and watch on the Millsaps Facebook web site. There are too many people gathered together for me to risk infection, even though the ceremony will be outside. So I will miss it but I will still swell with pride when Mary Frances walks across the stage to receive her diploma. I am very proud of her. She has worked hard at College. We will continue the celebrations all weekend. And I will report back.

No comments: