Monday, May 9, 2022

May 9, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. My Physical Therapy.

Even though I thought the exercises were whimpy, I think that working with the therapist twice a week increased my leg strength and my balalce. So that is good. I enjoyed Beth, my therapist, who lives in my same neighborhood. We talked while she put me through my paces. And I did the same exercises a third time in the week. As the exercises require no equipment, I will continue them all summer. So I enjoyed getting to know Beth and I enjoyed getting stronger. Today was the last day with Beth. She did her last test and asked tons of questions. And she discharged me from her care. The only negative part of the experience was the scheduling. Their system for organizing the home visits is difficult. Every time she comes, she arrives at a different time of the day. I like to be on a schedule but with their system, you can not count on anything. She always calls before she comes but it is not the same date or time she told me last time. At the beginning, I tried to run my schedule around their schedule. But I soon learned to ignore their times because Beth always changed the time she told me the last time. At first I was irritated but I got over it and just made my own plans. Then Beth was forced to dance to my time. When I talked to Beth about her scheduling, I realized why life was so difficult for her. Their system is terrible but I am not going to fix it, although it could be fixed. I just went about my business. Most times Beth came by at the end of her day, which was fine with me. Now I am done with physical therapy. And I must do my exercises on my own. But I will keep in touch with Beth. She is a nice young lady and a hard worker.

No comments: