Monday, May 16, 2022

May 16, 2022. Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. Pearl Mist.

My ship is small. 160 passengers. And they have 12 single cabins. I fully expected to live in a closet but instead the cabin is lovely and faily spacious with everything I need to function easily. I have a single bed. And I have a balcony. The ship has two reception area and several outside areas which will be inportant when we go up the St. Lawrence River. So far, since we left Portland we have had fog. Both at Bar Horbor and Lunenburg we have been anchored and the tenders shuttles people in for their excusions. Both places David went in town and just wandered around. I stayed on the ship. The dining has open seating, which could be a bit of a nightmare for me. But the first time we entered the dining room for lunch, I selected a table in the far corner of the room, thinking that people would not walk right down to the last table. My purpose was to get away from the other paople. So David and I sit at the same table for every meal and so far only three people have joined us for two meals. And they sit at the far side of the table. Perfect. Perfect. My balcony is small but adequate. I went to sit outside this afternoon but it was chilly so I came back in. The staff is enthusiastic. And the meals are supurb. Everything about this ship is ship shape. And I am pleased with the cruise so far. Tomorrow we cruise to Halifax where the internet will be better. I believe that we will be at a dock not at anchor. At Bar Harbor we were anchored far from the shore and the Internet would not work. I hope we will not have any more problems with the Internet but you never know. So far both David and I are pleased with the cruise. So here we go.

No comments: