Sunday, May 22, 2022

May 22, 2022. Baia-Comeau, QC. The River.

In 1963, Ken and I took a freighter cruise to speed on recovery from his surgery. We left from Montreal, and headed down the St. Lawrence River for Bermuda and the Carabean. The River was magnificent. And the river was perfect. We loved every minute of the trip, espeicially the river section. We have always wanted to take the journey again, but this time up the river. I am doing it now. This morning, I heard a fog horn, which was not a good sign. All morning, I could see nothing but fog. I just laughed. In addition, this cruise ship stops during the day so the guests can see the quaint little towns. And we cruise during the evening and the night. Thus I do not see much of the river. We left Comeau after dark. We are heading to Saguenay, arriving during the early morning. Again, I will not get to see the river, just the towns. I was reminded of our drive down the west coast of the US. We specifally drove the coastal highway to see the Oregon Coast. We could hear the ocean but because of the fog we never actually saw the ocean. We just laughed and kept on driving. We had to get home to Toronto. So the sides of the river are beautiful but I can only see it in the dark. So funny.

No comments: