Tuesday, May 31, 2022

May 31, 2022. Windsor, Ontario. Geography.

I thought I knew quite a bit about the gsography of southern Ontario. After all, I spent 11 years wandering around from piller to post. And i always loved maps. But all my routes from one place to another have been by roads. Now I am travelling by water. And the routes are not the same. And infinitely more interesting. For instance, we have just cruised the whole length of Lake Erie. We have been docked all day in Windaor and my balcony looks across to Detroit. Now the next task is to get into Lake Huron, and then along to Georgian Bay. But I have no idea how to get from here to there. I know that The Detroit River is here somewhere. But I have no knowledge of the geography of the area. But soon I will find out where to go. i knew about the St. Lawrence Seaway to get from the river to Lake Ontario. And I knew about the Welland Canal to get from Lake Ontario into Lake Erie. But in my ignorance, I have no clue about getting into Lake Huron. Soon I will know everything!!

No comments: