Thursday, May 5, 2022

May 5, 2022. Madison, Mississippi. My Social Life.

For the most part, my social life revolves around lunch. Most weeks consist of having one or two lunches with friends. This week was a good example. On Wednesday, Chris my Lyft driver drove me to the pharmach to get my prescriptions for the trip, and we went out for lunch, which he always enjoys. We ate Mexican food, which was excellent. Once a month, I go out for lunch with Donna, my across the street neighbor. We make the date for next month when sitting in the restaurant this month, just to be sure that we get together regularly. Today was our day to have lunch together. Even though it was Cinco de Mayo, we decided not to eat Mexican food because we knew the Mexican restaurants would probably be crowded. Instead we ate at a fancy Thai restaurant, new to me. The restaurant was perfect. It was quiet. The service was excellent. There were linen tablecloths and napkins. And the waitress was a student at Millsaps College, the school where Mary Frances will graduate on Saturday. The waitress heard us talking about the graduation and she asked us about our connection to Millsaps. She did not know Mary Frances. The waitress was a sophmore. We enjoyed talking with her. Our food was delicious and the ambionce was supurb. Unfortunately I do not recall the name. But we enjoyed ourselves. Then Donna brought me home and always makes sure I am safely inside my house. These luncheons out give me great pleasure and I am grateful that my friends indulge me by spending time with me. I am fortunate indeed.

No comments: