Friday, June 10, 2022

June 10, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Home Again.

 Being home again in Nova Scotia is wonderful.  But getting here is never easy.  Yesterday we had a long difficult day and we finally got to our hotel rooms very late, about 1:30 in the morning.  So I was beyond weary.  But as usual, today was a better day and we moved through our day with relative ease.  Everything went as planned with no upsets or problems.  Mr. Gaskell was waiting at the airport when we arrived in Halifax.  The evening was sunny and bright at 5:20 when we arrived so we  enjoyed our ride home.  Tomorrow morning Jackey will come and help organize my stuff which will please me.

David was worth his weight in gold on Thursday.   In Milwaukee, the cruise line organized a courtesy bus for us to the airport.  When we arrived, the bus driver told us that the only place the airport authorize him to park was right at the far and of the luggage pick up.  In other words, at the far end of the ticket counters.  There were no helpers at all.  When the bus driver put all the bags on the side walk, we had no one to help.  I was useless as I was walking with my walker.  So we had four bags plus my back pack to get inside, with no one to help.

So David and another man went in search of a cart.  It took them 30 minutes to find one.  And then we started the trek to get our boarding pass.  It must have been well over a half mile with David pushing the cart and me using my walker and my heavy back pack.  But we made it.  And once again, I was grateful for David's help.

But now we are both happy.  David is pleased to return to his niche in Liverpool and I am delighted to be in my lovely home.  The sun was shining when I arrived at 8:00 and the waves were pouring into the shore.  Right now I can hear the waves crashing into the shore.  This really is a lovely spot to call home.  

No comments: