Friday, June 24, 2022

June 24, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Above and Beyond.

Anna is my helper in Nova Scotia.  She does everyone that all my helpers do the keep me carrying on with my life.   But Anna goes way above and beyond the normal tasks of a helper.  Just today, look at what she did to help me.

She went to the grocery store fist thing on her way here.  And she put everything away.  She pays with her credit card.  I give her a cheque which she deposits immediately in her bank, using her phone.  Next she hemmed a pant leg that she noted when hanging up the pants.  Then she loaded four bikes on the back of the truck to take them to be checked before guests arrive.  When we arrived at the bicycle shop she took the bikes off the truck and took them into the shop.  And she brought the ticket back to me in the truck.

Next we picked up 6 pies and a cake, which I paid for.  And we drove home where Anna  put them all in the freezer of the garage fridge.   After lunch at the Quarterdeck, back at home, Anna attached the basket and tray to my new little walker.  They had fallen off when I tipped it over and I was unable to put it back together.  But Anna figure it out.  Then she noted the burned out light in the kitchen so she found a new bulb in the pantry, then climbed up on the table to replace it.  My kitchen now has more light, thanks to Anna.

I appreciate everything Anna does to help me, such as driving,  doing laundry, making my bed and unloading the dishwasher.  But I especially appreciate her efforts to go above and beyond what a normal helper could do.  She is good at figuring things out.  And for that I am grateful.  Now if I could just clone her I would be happy.

No comments: