Wednesday, June 29, 2022

June 29, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Getting Ready.

 So far, I have been by myself in Nova Scotia.  I have eaten the food I had left in the freezer last Fall plus the meals brought to me by Mary MacD.  My meals have been odd.  But now I am almost at the end of my food.  And I have been getting ready for company to arrive.

Anna has done one big shopping to fill the freezer.  We made a long list together.  Now the freezer has smoked salmon in abundance, bacon, sausage, chicken pot pies, quiches, apple pies, pecan pies, carrot cake, and extra bread.  Tomorrow she will do the last shopping of fruit, salad goods, milk and cream and a whole lot more.

The bikes have been checked and fixed and we will pick them up tomorrow.  The wood will be delivered tomorrow morning.  David likes to build a big fire down by the water every evening so he wanted more delivered prior to his arrival.   Jackie the cleaning lady has cleaned the guest house so it is ready to use.  The truck will go into the mechanic on Monday to fix the air conditioning.  And then I will be ready for my first summer guests who will arrive on July 3, 2022.  

Christina, Mary Frances and Molly  arrive on the ferry from Maine.  For two years they have been unable to come so they are excited to be coming.  And I will be delighted to greet them.  For sure, I will be ready, I hope.

No comments: