Friday, June 3, 2022

June 3, 2022. Parry Sound, Ontario. Bud & Mary.

Parry Sound had never looked so good.   Ken was born and raised in Parry Sound and I had visited the place multiple times but it never looked so good than it did today.  And I have no idea why.  But I had a few thoughts.  Fist off, the sun was shining so everything seemed to sparkle.  But in addition, the place has grown.  All the houses were in good condition and there were no empty stores downtown, even though the commercial area has moved out to around the mall.  The whole town looked great.  And David and I enjoyed our day in Parry Sound.

But Bud and Mary  made our day.  They met us at the boat and took us on a tour of the town.  They looked great and sounded exactly as they had always done.  Bud was a friend of Kens from school and we have been life long friends.  But the last time I saw them was in Nova Scotia about 15 years ago so I was delighted to spend the day with them.  We walked around tower hill while David and Bud climbed to the top.  Mary and I sat in the shade in our walkers.  

We ate lunch at a brand new place overlooking the bay.  We ate outside and enjoyed every minute.  The facility is a huge addition to dining in Parry Sound.  Then we walked to the ship.  And we had to say goodbye.  But our day with Bud and Mary was delightful. 

1 comment:

Mike at OBS said...

Hello Ruth, its Michael, Bud and Mary's son. It has been a long time since we have seen each other.
That said, I have never expressed the sadness that we all felt about the passing of Andrew and Ken. I only knew Andrew as a wee lad, but I am sure that he was a fine grown up son, and father especially considering who his mom and dad are.

Years ago you and Ken invited Lucille and I to stay at your DC home, so we did. We missed you as you were away on business. Ken was there and I will always have this image of him in my head of him picking fresh veges from the garden. That is where we found him when we arrived.
It was a fantastic visit and adventure.

I just got off the phone with dad, and was so pleased that they hooked up with you and your travel companion David. Dad said that it was a great visit and was so glad that they reconsidered their "covid fears". They are not fanatics about it, he is just over protective, You know him.

I find it pleasing and it warms my heart to know that you are still out there exploring the
world. I remember you as a real "go getter", a fireball if you dont mind me saying.

Dad told me that you were coming through Parry Sound. I had hoped to get up there to see you and visit other family as well. Maybe next week.

Near as I know, your son David is in Texas, raised or is raising kids, and is doing well. Please pass on a hello for me.

Lucille and I are planning a trip to the east coast in August. We will have to try and look you up and have a visit.

Take care Ruth. Best regards, Mike