Friday, June 17, 2022

June 17, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Covid.

I never did have any symptoms  when I tested positive for Covid.  But I soon had a bad cough.  David  tested himself because he felt a cold was coming on.  And he tested positive.  His cold lasted a day and went away.  He has been fine ever since.  But my cough persisted.  My niece told me about an anti viral medicine so I asked my nephew the doctor to investigate, which he did.  He reported that as was in the high risk group, he thought I could benefit with the medicine.  The next part was amazing.

Norm and I were texting.  I was in Toronto, isolated in my cabin.  He asked me for all the questions, date of birth, address, the name of the ship and the location where we were docked.  The next thing I heard, 30 minutes later, was that the chief steward was picking up the medicine and would deliver it to my cabin.  So leas that 2 hours after I first told Norm about my situation, the new fancy anti viral meds were in my cabin.  And I began my 5 days of medication that evening.

I asked Norm if he had pulled rank.  And he said no.  He contacted the waterfront pharmacy, who had the meds and would get it ready.  Then Norm called the ship, Pearl Mist, and the chef offered to pick up the medicine.  Norm commented that I was traveling in a good ship.  So I got better.  The meds broke up my cough and now my cough is almost gone.  Hats off to Norm for his efforts.

No comments: