Saturday, June 11, 2022

June 11, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Disaster-Almost.

We arrived late into Toronto on Thursday night.  The flight was delayed 90 minutes so instead of arriving at 10:20 we arrived at midnight.  The plan was to stay the night at the Sheraton airport hotel. First we needed to clear customs and immigration before getting to the hotel.  I was being pushed in a wheelchair while David was carrying our carryon cases.  So far we were doing well.  Except my pusher kept telling me that she could not take us to the hotel because she was not allowed to leave the airport.

So far all was good, until we collected our bags and the pusher told me she would leave us at the door.  Well that would have been a disaster.  David had secured a cart which was now piled high with our four cases plus my walker.  But there was no one to push me and we were a long way from the hotel.  We were in terminal one and the hotel was just outside terminal 3, which was a long way.

So I pitched a fit.  I asked to speak to a supervisor.  And I begged my pusher.  And I bribed her.  I told her that she was abandoning us.  No results.   The problem was the time.  The porters left work at midnight.  There was no one to pay to take us to the hotel.  Finally, a supervisor appeared and authorized my pusher to take us to the hotel.  So with David pushing the cart and my lady pushing me in the wheelchair, we finally arrived at the hotel.  After that, all was well.  But it was a close call.  All my efforts were required.  Whew.  It was almost a disaster.

No comments: