Sunday, June 26, 2022

June 26, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Mary MacD.

 My friend Mary is a good cook.  Fortunately for me, she is generous too.  Today around 3:00. just when I had put up my feet, a tap came on my kitchen door and Mary walked into the kitchen.  "I just brought you a loaf of banana nut bread, freshly baked", said Mary.  And then she left.  My first piece was delicious.  Anna and I will eat a piece tomorrow with our afternoon tea.

Yesterday around 6:45, my phone rang.  It was Mary.  "Have you had dinner?" she asked.  She had cooked a stir fry for Walt and she cooked too much so she wanted to know if I would enjoy it for dinner.  I generally eat dinner closer to 7:30, which she knows so the timing was perfect.  The stir fry dinner was perfect.  It included lots of vegetables along with strips of tender beef, plus rice and a delicious sauce.  It was still warm when she brought it out.  She never stays long, just chats a minute or two and she is gone.  My dinner was delicious.

Earlier in the week she brought out half of a chicken pot pie.  She does not eat them but Walt enjoys a piece every now and then.  But he had eaten all he wanted so she brought the rest to me.  I have enjoyed eating it at two lunches.  I appreciate all her kindnesses to me.  Between what I left in my freezer from last Fall and what Mary has brought me since my arrival I am eating very well.  I feel fortunate to have a friend like Mary.  She is a good cook.

No comments: