Sunday, June 19, 2022

June 19, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Friends and Lunch.

 Here in Nova Scotia, my friends must not only drive me home but also pick me up.  And for that I am grateful because I have no Lyft driver here.  I pay the bill.  That is the rule.  Today I ate my first meal with a friend.  And I enjoyed every minute.

Frances is a good friend and we needed to catch up with each other.  We ate a delicious brunch at Lanes.  Fran had a busy winter.  She spent 6 weeks in France.  Two weeks she took a refresher course in French.  And four weeks she and her sister rented a car and travelled the small towns, usually staying a week at a time in an inn or b&b.  And they ate out.  No cooking.  And they had a wonderful time.  Last summer I enjoyed spending time with the same older sister, who is spunky and fun.  

  Then Fran spent two months with another sister in Edmonton.  Due to Covid Fran had not seen her sister for three years.  While she was there, and with help from her brother in law, Fran put together a book of all the bits and pieces that had been assembled about the family.  Because she was only there for the 8 weeks,  Fran and her brother in law worked diligently and finally got it done.  Fran in her former life was the principal of a school and is well organized.  Everyone was thrilled with the final product.  Edmonton is cold but every morning they all went to the municipal pool and swam in the warm water.  The rest of the time they stayed inside.

And of course, Fran wanted to know everything about the cruise.  So we were busy talking and talking.  On the way home Fran took me to see some of the development at Western Head.  Interesting.  I am grateful for my friends and their company.  Today was the first of many lunches I will enjoy with my friends here in Liverpool.

No comments: