Sunday, June 12, 2022

JUNE 12, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Arriving Home.

 Arriving home is always a pleasure especially when the sun is shining and the sea is sparkling.  But usually, something is not working so I expect that happen.  But I am delighted when everything seems to work properly.  The house was clean.  All the lights had been turned to welcome me.  And the weather was beautiful for these first three days.  Gill came over coffee and we chatted for a long time.  We were both looking forward to the arrival of the Mitchells and the Elys.  Our world was looking rosy.

And then my bubble burst.  Gavin from Hunt's Point Market was again going to cater for me.  I spoke to him just a week before the cruise.  All I needed to do was to give him numbers and dates when I arrived in Nova Scotia.  But in a conversation with my friend Mary Mac. she mentioned casually that White Point had hired a new chef, the one who owned Hunt's Market.  The market is closed because the property was sold.  So no catering for Gavin this summer for me.  Of course he did not answer his cell phone but I hope to speak with him tomorrow.  But this is not good as I have guests coming all summer.

In addition, I discovered that the truck was never registered last year.  Now when Anna comes tomorrow, we must try to register the truck.  I hope we can do it on line.  Just one more issue to deal with sooner than later.  I should have known better.  There is always something broken that needs fixing.

No comments: