Tuesday, June 14, 2022

June 14, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Whoopee!!

Miracles do occur.  I have a caterer.  Just two days ago I learned that Gavin had closed his market in Hunt's Point.  The property was sold and the new owner wanted his space so he was forced to close his market and cafe.  He is now working at the Quarterdeck.  And I was stuck.  So I asked my friends for suggestions.  Larry asked Tina for help and she suggested the restaurants, especially The River Bend.  

They cooked for us for two summers but their restaurant was busy and they could no longer cook for us.  For two years we used two different people.  Last summer, Gaven from Hunt's Point did a great job and was all set to look after me this season.  And then the rug got pulled out from under him.  Yesterday I called The River Bank and today they called me back.  And we made a deal.

Their restaurant is not opening this summer because they can not hire enough staff.  But they still have their cooks, so they are doing some catering.  Jennifer will be able to bring dinners to my house whenever I have company.  She will deliver dinners and put them in the garage fridge five days a week.  She will bring two meals at a time.  No desserts.  I have given her numbers and dates.  And all is well.

Certainly, it is their misfortune to keep their little restaurant closed but it is great benefit to me to allow them to cooker for me.  I am thrilled.  Miracles to occur. 

No comments: