Monday, August 15, 2022

August 15, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Waving Goodbye.

Anna and I waved from the little deck outside  my bedroom  as Sterling and Connie slowly drove past our homes at Gull Bay.  Mary was waving from  the shore while Pat and Mal waved from the deck of the Guest House.  The horn was blown in front of every house except Gill, who was not outside to wave them goodbye.  Sterling and Connie left the Brooklyn Marine this morning and took the time to cruise past the Western Head Light house, plus our homes before they headed to Shelburne.  They even took the time to take a good picture from their boat.  The picture is wonderful.  Now I must figure out how to get it off my phone.

I worked with Sterling for many years and over the years have gotten to know Connie at the many parties. Also, during the years when I offered the house to the agents when Ken and I were not there, Sterling, Connie and their four children stayed a few days here and had a wonderful time.  That was 2008 or 2009.  Also their eldest son spent his honeymoon in the carriage house.  So I knew the family well, but since I retired when I was 74, I had not seen them.  It was wonderful seeing them again.  And it was exciting to watch their sturdy 47 foot blue trawler cruise past my house.  We all waved a fond farewell.

No comments: