Tuesday, August 23, 2022

August 23, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Trouble Shooting.

My first phone call this morning was from the Bank of Montreal, my bank in Liverpool.  They were sorry to tell me that the large cheque I deposited from my Wells Fargo bank was returned due to tampering.  So I was overdrawn.  Horrors.  I was told to come into the bank to give them another cheque.  But I have no helper today so can not get there.  Son David contacted Wells.  They had no idea why it was returned so their solution was to deposit another cheque, which I did, thanks to friends Wendy and Clausen who drove me there.

The next task was reading e mails, where I discovered that Amica , my auto insurance company had one payment returned from Wells.  But when speaking with Amica, another problem arose.  The insurance for the Escape had never been cancelled so I have been cheerfully paying for insurance after the car was donated.  This was one of the automatic payments paid from the Wells account.  Horrors again.  But the error was been corrected and Amica will even reimburse me.  Good insurance company.

Then later in the afternoon I received a phone call from a man in  Mississippi saying that a limb had fallen in my front yard and the tree was dead.  He wanted me to have him cut down the tree.  After several texts from my neighbor, I realized that the man was out looking for work, as well as being helpful.  So my tree man will go and evaluate the situation and tell me what to do.  The good thing was that I had many texts with my neighbor Donna, who is a good friend.

And my trouble shooting for the day is now over because I soon will go to bed which will be a great blessing.  All issues are not totally resolved but they are close.  Gold star for me.

No comments: