Saturday, August 27, 2022

August 27, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Our Anniversary.

Today would have been the day to celebrate.  It would have been our 64th wedding anniversary.   The day is still worth celebrating but this year I celebrated alone.  And I was the only one who remembered.  But I had a good day.  Friend Wendy stopped over to pick up a book and I enjoyed her visit.  And friend Mary brought me corned beef and cabbage for dinner, which was special and delicious.

For several years after we were married, Ken and I were traveling in August so we often forgot the dates so we often discovered that when September rolled along, we had forgotten to celebrate both Ken's birthday and our anniversary.  When the boys were old enough to go to fancy restaurants we always celebrated with the boys on our anniversary.  Then in Nova Scotia, we always had a party to celebrate with family and friends.

Ken never really wanted us to celebrate his birthday, which was on August 19.  But we celebrated anyway.  Birthdays are worth celebrating so we had a party even though Ken objected.  But in his mind, our wedding anniversary was always worth a celebration.  And today I celebrated the start of our great adventure.  

No comments: