Tuesday, August 30, 2022

August 30, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. One Joy of Getting Old.

Lots of joys come my way by being old.  But one of the greatest joys is watching the children grow up.  And it all happens in a flash, at least in retrospect.    Not only your own children and grandchildren but also the children and grandchildren of your friends and relatives grow up, get educated, form families and then have their own children.  And these little kids we knew so well playing with my own children have become responsible adults.  And they are still lots of fun.

The twins, Allison and Samantha just turned 21.  Now they are in their third year of University.  Tori, one of the Mitchell's granddaughter just moved into the dorm at the University of Maryland.And two of the Ely's grandchildren ate now at University.  I have enjoyed watching the children grow up, get educated themselves and now have children of their own attending University.  Such joy for me as it all unfolds.

One of the special pleasure of living in Nova Scotia is that our good friends are here.  And our friends children come to visit them along with the grandchildren so I get to visit with them too.  Two sets of Ely children came to visit this summer so I got to see and visit with them all.  Then today Gill's son Tim came to say hello along with his two beautiful children.  It was a great pleasure spending time with Tim and his family.  And I know that I would never see these folks if we were not spending summers in Nova Scotia.  Who knew when we bought this place in 1999 that the place would provide me with many unexpected pleasures.  But it is true.

No comments: