Wednesday, August 24, 2022

August 24, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. What a Mess.

 I knew I could never pick up the mess I had just made on the kitchen floor.  In order to use a broom and dust pan, you must use two hands and I must always hold on with one hand.  So I got the broom and pushed the broken plate and the food over to the trash can.  And I left  the mess in one place.

But before I could do anything I had to find my second slipper.  I leave my wound open to the air and never put on that slipper.  Also wearing the slipper on that sore foot makes it hurt.  But now with shards of plate all over the floor, I had no choice than to wear both slippers.  Next I prepared another lunch.

I was using the tray on my small walker when it tipped and flipped over on the way to the microwave.  What a crash.  Glass and food everywhere.  Jackie the cleaning lady had come and gone.  And Anna does not work on Wednesday.  So while I ate lunch and watched a baseball game, I discussed systems for picking up the mess.  I had decided that I would use a chair and the dust pan to shovel the mess into the trash can.

Fortunately, Gill stopped by to borrow a lemon squeezer.  So she swept up my big mess.  But I still must wear slippers until Anna can carefully inspect and wash the floor.  Not only can I not use both arms at the same time, I can not even see the small shards from the floor.  Mary M. picked up several pieces when she stopped by to say hello.  Once again, I got bailed out by my friends here in Nova Scotia.  I am indeed a lucky lady.

No comments: