Sunday, August 28, 2022

August 28, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Steve & Sue.

 They are like the energizer bunny.  I am always astonished at their productivity.  Today just around noon, they stopped over for visit.  They had been tending to my foot but I am only soaking it three times a week, so their services are not needed.  Both them and I missed our visits, not the least of it that they brought me food.  They know I do not cook.  

The main reason for their visit was that they brought me a tray, made by Steve, of a great blue heron in flight.  It is beautiful.  Steve also made me a luncheon salad and Sue made me a pineapple upside down cake, just the right size for me.  They are remarkable with their generosity.  Also Steve brought me a small bowl of cabbage rolls he had made.

While they were here visiting, I asked Steve to take the objects he made to the Farmer's Market, held every Saturday.  I also encouraged Sue to sell her jams, jellies and pickles at the market.  Steve was not inclined.  He is certainly a worker bee and he makes these objects during the long winters, where he can not work in his garden.  His reason for not selling them is that he enjoys giving his pieces away.  And they both enjoy giving away the jams, jellies, pickles and relishes that they make in abundance.  They would much prefer to give away the stuff than sell them.

One on the best thing about Steve & Sue is that they love their life.  They are not rich but they tell me that they have enough money to live on so they do not need more money.  And they are grateful to be living by the ocean, growing their vegetables and preserving the produce.  And giving things away. They are happy campers.  And I appreciate their generosity along with their spirit.  It is such a delight to talk to people who are so grateful for their life.  

No comments: