Monday, August 1, 2022

August 1, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Meals.

 When I have company I have food delivered for dinners, 5 days a week from the Riverbank Market.  On the weekends we fend for ourselves, either eating leftovers or going to a restaurant.  When I am alone, I look out for myself.  But my friends bail me out.

Steve and Sue have been kindly coming to soak my foot.  I can not lift the basin out of the sink so they kindly came to my rescue.  And every time they come, they bring me food.  Today for lunch I ate  a large delicious salad, made by Steve.  He eats that type of salad every day so he brought one for me today.  It has all kinds of goodies: lettuce, cucumber, olives, cheese, tomatoes, nuts and cut up meat.  This is the fifth salad he has brought me for lunch.  And I love them.

Tonight for supper I ate a big piece of chicken pot pie, given to me by friend Mary Mac.  Walt wanted only one piece.  The rest she brought to me.  And last evening for dinner Sue and Steve brought me a full turkey dinner, complete with all the trimmings.  I told them that it was like eating Thanksgiving  dinner.  It was delicious.  So I am not lacking for good food.  Steve and Sue will no longer be coming to help as Pat and Mal will be coming tomorrow and I hope Mal will help with the soaking.  I must say that I will miss those big delious salads that Steve has made for me.  But everything must come to an end!!

No comments: