Friday, August 26, 2022

August 26, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Splendid Dinner.

Just as I was wondering what I might eat for dinner, my friend Mary walked into my kitchen.  It was 6:45 and they had just finished their dinner.  They brought me the leftover food which I was delighted to see.  She brought me three containers because she said that the dinner would not fit well into one large container.  We chatted a bit while Walt enjoyed sitting outside looking out to sea.  And then she was gone. So far I did not know what a scrumptious dinner was in store for me.

But soon I learned.  For dinner tonight I ate a breaded pork chop, which was tender and juicy.  Along with the chop was a dish of creamed corn, that Mary had made herself.  The third container was scalloped potatoes.  All together, the dinner was delicious.  I always love surprises but this evening seemed especially appealing to have dinner walk through my kitchen.  Once again, I got lucky when Walt asked for breaded pork chops, creamed corn and scalloped potatoes.  And I ate every bit of what is in those three containers.  I had a splendid dinner tonight.

No comments: