Sunday, August 21, 2022

August 21, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Fridge.

On the weekends, Pat, Mal and I ate leftovers except this week, the caterer was ill on Monday and could not send food, which meant  we also ate leftovers on Monday and Tuesday.  They left on Wednesday morning so by evening all the leftover food had been consumed.  But now my supply of food has increased, just like magic.

Every day whenSue and Steve come to help with my feet they bring food., which goes into my fridge.  Steve prepares a bowl of salad for my lunch, the same type of salad he eats himself except my bowl is half the size as his.  He puts everything in the salad: lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, cheese, meat, nuts and seeds.  All yummy.  And they bring desserts.

On Wednesday, friend Mary brought me a large tupperware container of home made squash soup, which was delicious.  I have two meals still in my fridge.  Anna cooked me 6 small chicken pot pies, just waiting  for me to heat one for supper.  And she cooked me small quiches, 12 in all, and a package of sausages also just ready to eat.  This evening, friend Mary brought me stir friend steak.  It was still warm when she arrived so I did not even need to do anything but dish some onto a plate.  I have two meals left over in my fridge of the stir fried.

So once my fridge was empty but now it is again full thanks to my friends and Anna.  Certainly I will not starve.

No comments: