Thursday, August 25, 2022

August 25, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Liverpool Abuzzing.

Most weekends, my town is sleeping.  But not this past weekend.  Two major events were held the same time, both successfully.  I am told that the town was full of people and Recreational  vehicles.

The Hank Snow Festival took place at the arena.  I is always a big event but this year was bigger and better, with groups playing all day and evening for the three days of the festival. People come in theirr RV's and park in the big field in front of the Hank Snow museum.  I am told that the parking lot of the arena was also full.  It is always a big deal but this years event seemed more exciting, I am told.

Then a car show was held at Privateer's Park, right  along the river.  It had not been held the last few years due to Covid but this year the antique cars were out in force.  The place was jammed with cars and people, I am told.  But my sleepy little town was abuzz for the whole weekend.  I of course, could not attend.  Too many people for me.  But I loved the idea of all these people enjoying my little town.  great fun.

No comments: