Wednesday, August 3, 2022

August 3, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Visiting on the Deck.

We were in our own little world.  The fog was thick, so thick that we could not even see the ocean, but we could still hear the waves.  We three were together surrounded by the fog sitting on my deck.  Wendy and Clausen walked over with their dogs for a visit.  I joined them on the deck.  And we talked and visited.  I enjoyed hearing of the visit with their family and their activities while here.  All the while we could hear the waves lapping in the shore.  

Soon, Pat and Mal joined us and we got to visit longer on the deck.  The sun was desperately trying to burn away the fog but it was not until 4:00 when the fog lifted.  The sky was bright and the air was warm but the fog still surrounded us.  We felt as if we were isolated on an island.  The deck is a splendid place to chat.  And chat we did, making up for the lost years of Covid when Wendy and Clausen were unable to come.  But now they are here and I was delighted to visit with them and their two dogs here on my deck.  I thoroughly enjoyed the visit, especially as we were in our special world of fog.  Pretty nice.

No comments: