Wednesday, August 17, 2022

August 17, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Another Empty House.

 Pat and Mal left early this morning., heading to the Digby Ferry to St.John.  They will cross into Quebec and drive to Ontario and will not drive across Maine.  Rumor has it that the border is still a bit difficult so they will stay in Canada to get home.  We had a good visit.  And they looked after me very well.  Fortunately, the bulbs burnt out in the kitchen just the day before they left so Mal changed the bulbs which pleased me.

This is the first trip they have taken since Pat fell and broke her femur 11 months ago.  Her recovery was long and difficult but she did very well here.  They stayed in the Guest House which has a long flight of stairs but she did just fine.  In addition, she walked most days in town, at the Privateer Park along the river.  She uses a walker and walks well.  She has been pleased with her progress.

They have visited us every year since we moved here, except the 2020, the first year of Covid.  So I was pleased they could come this year.  In past years, Mal worked along with what ever projects Ken was working on.  But this year was the first year when they looked after me.  They had me soak my feet and apply the ointments.  And Mal heated  dinner every day along with preparing lunch.  And of course Mal drove us everywhere.  I totally stayed out of the kitchen so I not only enjoyed their company but they also made my life hassle free.  I will miss them now that my old house is empty.  And I look forward to seeing them next summer.

No comments: