Tuesday, August 2, 2022

August 2, 2022. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Pat and Mal.

This is the first trip since Pat's fall so this is an especially important visit.  They drove and gave themselves plenty of time to stop along the way.  But I did laugh.  Mal is the most well organized person I know but when he booked the ferry between St.John and Digby, be accidentally booked the wrong direction so instead of taking the ferry, they drove through New Brunswick.  The time difference is about the same but you do need to drive.

They arrived in good spirits, at 4:30, where we drank herbal tea and ate carrot cake and celebrated their arrival.  Pat had a bad break of her leg  when she fell 11 months ago and even after many months is not fully back to full strength.  She was very discouraged.  But here she is, enjoying the ocean views.  They are staying in the guest house which means she must go up a full flight of stairs.

Mal is the only able-bodied person here so he will attend to the dinners, which are being catered.  In addition, I have asked him to set up the basin to soak my feet.  I did not ask him ahead of time but sprung it upon him at dinner.  So not only must he look after dinners but also attend to me.  Fortunately, he is a good fellow and I appreciate his help.  Now they are over at the Guest House, enjoying that lovely spot overlooking the ocean.  I am delighted they are here.

No comments: