Monday, April 10, 2023

April 10, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Baseball and Basketball.

 I always have two channels that I enjoy while watching TV.  One channel is showing what I really want to watch and the second channel is what I switch to during any commercials.  Two weekends ago there was basketball, The Final Four so I wanted to watch those games   In addition, there was a baseball game on TV that I was switching to during the commercials.

But I discovered that I began watching more baseball, which surprised me.  The baseball season has just started which means that there are few consequences for that game while the basketball game was sudden death.  If you lost the game you went home.  So the games should be riveting.  But they were not.  They were boring.  At first I did not realize what I was doing but eventually I discovered what was happening.  So I tried to figure out why Baseball is more interesting than basketball.

I decided that basketball games are so repetitive that the games are boring, unless your team is playing.  In a baseball game, every pitch gives unlimited options and you never know what will happen next.  I have heard baseball called the thinking man's game.  I had to figure that out by myself.

No comments: