Wednesday, April 5, 2023

April 5, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. My Social Life.

Once upon a time, Ken and I had a pretty good social life.  But now that I am old and infirm, my social life is limited.  But they have been eliminated.  It is just different.  I am not able to drive which limits my activities.  And for the most part, I see people during the day light.  I seldom go out at night.  But I still keep busy.

On Tuesday, I had lunch with Donna, my across the street neighbor.  She picks me up.  And we decide where we want to eat.  We ate outside overlooking the Reservoir just across the Spillway.  Delightful time.  Tomorrow, Carrie my friend from down the street is coming for coffee at 9:30.  I have not seen her since my return so we will have lots to discuss.  Friday, Portia will drop me off at Anjou, to have lunch with Bo G.  He was a fishing buddy of Andrew and we have lunch together once or twice whenever I am in Mississippi.  So I will enjoy talking with Bo.

And of course, I have lunch with Christina and the girls every Sunday for brunch.  This Sunday is Easter, so we will dine at my house as the restaurants will be busy.  Christina will bring lunch.  So I enjoy my friends and I enjoy my lunches.  Fortunately, I am not deprived of a social life.

No comments: