Sunday, April 9, 2023

April 9, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Easter Sunday.

 I have enjoyed my Easter Sunday.  I did not go out or dress in a fancy dress or hat.  And the first thing I thought this morning was that I did not need to attend a sunrise service at 7:00.  So that was my first blessing.  For many years we played and sang at the sunrise services.

First I drank my tea while watching Aerial America.  And I watched Mississippi Roads, a program I miss because I usually must leave for brunch.  Christina and I decided that the restaurants would be crowded so we elected to eat our Easter dinner at my home.  Christina ordered our dinner from America.  We ate salmon.  And it was delicious.  We sat in the living room and ate and talked.  We had a good visit.  I am always  delighted that Molly and Mary Frances still seem to enjoy brunch on Sunday morning.  Normally we meet at 11:15 but today they came for 12:20.  I enjoyed the food and their company.

After they left mid afternoon, I began watching the Masters Golf tournament.  I put up my feet while sitting in Ken's recliner where I snoozed and listened.  And I kept watching the tournament right to the bitter end.  It was fun and exciting and I enjoyed  watching.

So I had a good day on Easter 2023.

No comments: