Thursday, April 27, 2023

April 27, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Hockey Playoffs.

This near the end of the second week of playoff hockey and all teams are still in the hunt.  That is the best part of hockey.  You never know what will happen.  Two nights in a row, I gave up when my teams were down 3 goals.  But they both won.  But they won without me because I had gone to bed.  I assumed that Boston would sweep their series and they had a chance to end their series but they lost.  Last year the Avalanche won the Stanley Cup and I assumed they would win their series.  But they have not.

Tonight, Las Vegas could end their series against Winnipeg.  They are up a goal already.  But we must play the game to find out.  The first two weeks of hockey allows a fan to watch 4 games each night.  It is such fun flipping from one game to another to try to keep track of the scores.  I must admit that I often flip to a baseball game just to give me a break from hockey.  These games have been great.  But Toronto lost tonight.  They are ahead in the series 3 to 2 but they must still win won game.  We are going to find out.

That is the best part of the first round of hockey playoffs.  The games are so unpredictable.  And exciting.  Soon we will know who will advance to the second round.  But so far, every team is in the hunt.  Such fun.

No comments: