Sunday, April 2, 2023

April 2, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Birds.

I always wish that a Birder was beside me.  This is especially true at my house.  I hear the bird songs all day and I see them flitting around the trees.  When I wake up in the morning I listen and I listen for the bird songs.  I can identify several distinctive birds.  Over and over I hear the same songs repeated.  Then I get up to look out the window and I am not able to find the specific bird I was hearing.  Of course, with my poor vision I can watch the birds flit from branch to branch but I am unable to identify the birds.  And that is why I need an expert birder by my side.

I have tried to learn the bird sounds but I failed.  Ken bought me an app. on the computer so I could learn the sounds.  At that time I could identify the birds by sight so with the books and the bird feeders I was able to identify the birds but I was never successful with the bird sounds.  It is especially irritating now that I am unable to identify the birds by sight.  But I still enjoy the birds both watching them flit from branch to branch and listening to their different sounds.  And there is no sound better in this world than listening to the birds singing in the morning.  It is a wonderful way to start my day.

No comments: