Saturday, April 29, 2023

April 29, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Solitary Saturday.

Saturdays are almost always solitary for me.  My friends in Mississippi all have husbands and children and they need to be with their families on Saturdays.  So on Saturdays I am alone at home.  I read all morning, sitting in my corner of the living room.  And of course I must make my own meals too.  This morning, by the time I got around to preparing breakfast it was 10:30 so I ate a yoghurt and drank a cup of tea while I read.  To get even better, most of the day it rained, a gentle steady rain which was perfect for reading.

I try to get some walking in the house so after reading I walked and did my leg exercises.  And I watched TV when I ate lunch.  Portia had cooked for me for the weekend so I heated cooked carrots and a hamburg patty for lunch.  It was good.  And I took a nap, which is always sweeter in the rain.  I like to watch a gospel hour on Tv and of course, the hockey games are still filling the screen.

I used to phone friends on Saturday but of recent months I have stopped doing that and I am not sure why. Perhaps I am used to not talking to anyone on a Saturday.  I still text but not much.  Today Chantes was not working.  And Portia never works on the weekend so Saturday I am really and truly all by myself.  But for some reason, I am not lonely.  In fact, I had a good day.  But tomorrow I will be ready to see Christina and the girls for brunch.  Enough is enough being alone.

No comments: