Thursday, April 20, 2023

April 20, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. My Ophthalmologist.

Dr. Kosko is the only doctor I know who approves of the life style that Ken and I have lived for many years.  Most doctors wanted us to stay at home so they could look after us.  But we ignored them.  And I follow that same pattern.  Dr. Kosko commented to us that Ken and I were role models for him to remind himself how to live when he was old.  He said that he sees many old folks who are not having much fun.  They endure but did not seem to thrive.

I had an appointment with him this morning.  My eyes are not worse.  I now must use drops in my left eye.  And I will see better because my lens will be stronger.  He thought that I looked great.  And he congratulated me for going to Nova Scotia this summer.  In May, his family is taking a trip to Utah to see the five National Parks.  He spends a great deal of time and effort in planning their family vacations.  He and his wife have four children, aged 2 to 10 so it is a trick to accommodate their activities.  One day soon they will come to Nova Scotia.  But not this year. 

So I like Dr. Kosko.  He loves my attitude.  And he loves the fact that I do not complain even though he knows I have a lot of things that are wrong with me.  "It is always so nice to see you," said Dr. Kosko.  "You always have exciting plans to talk about."  And that is why I like Dr. Kosko.  He agrees with me.

>"

No comments: