Friday, April 14, 2023

April 14, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. The Human Voice.

My phone rang while I was eating breakfast.  A voice said to me,"Hello Ruth.  How are you doing?"  I knew immediately who had called me.  Her voice had not changed her whole life.  And I have known her almost all her life, from living in Calgary as a girl than coming to Toronto to work at age 18.  It was my friend Marg LeP.  I knew her voice immediately because her voice has never changed.

She recognized me too even though I had not spoken to her on the phone for quite a long time.  I really do enjoy these unexpected phone calls.  I like to hear their voice and think they are the same as they did years ago when we were friends.  But we do not look like we did years ago.  In fact, some people you could not recognize them at all.  But the voice never changes.  And the spirit never changes.  And the friendships remain strong.  This is a great blessing in my life.

No comments: