Tuesday, April 25, 2023

April 25, 2023. Madison, Mississippi. Lunch With Linda.

Linda and I are good friends.  She is Christina's mother.  When I was in Mississippi in the Fall, I was ailing and Linda was sick so we were unable to have a visit.  But we communicated via e mail and texting.  So now we are both well so I invited her for lunch on Friday at Ameriga, my favorite Italian restaurant.  She agreed immediately but she suggested that she pick up lunch and bring it to my house.  I suggested that I did not want her to go to any trouble so we should eat at the restaurant.

But reason prevailed.  Linda suggested that she was unable to help me home from the restaurant as she is also very unstable.  And she said that she could not put my walker in her car either.  Nor could she help me into the house.  Linda knows that people help me get down the stairs and into the house at my home.  My first thought was that I could that by myself.  But I realized that I might not be able to lift my walker into the car, then get back to the front seat to drive home.  I might be able to do it.  But I have never done it before.  My routine is to walk to the car, get into the front seat and ask whoever is driving to put my walker in the car.

It is pathetic but true.  Reason prevailed.  Linda will pick up lunch for us and we will eat lunch at my house.  And we will visit and enjoy ourselves.  In the meantime, I am going to see if I am able to load my walker into the car, then get into the front seat.  But I will do it when Portia is with me to be sure I will be safe.  Better safe than sorry. 

No comments: